1) What information texts are?
They inform you, just like what the name suggests.
2) Where they are commonly found.
They can be found in:
- news letters
3) The structureInformation texts may have a chronological structure.
4) The language features
- Often written in third person and present tense
- Usually uses an impersonal tone and appropriate level of formal vocabulary
- Description is usually an important feature, including the language of comparison and contrast.
- Description is generally used for precision rather than to create an emotional response so imagery is not heavily used