), progress;} Black Moustache 2013 S1-09 English Language Blog: Informal Persuasion (Johanna, Yang Teng and Li Ying)

Monday, 22 July 2013

Informal Persuasion (Johanna, Yang Teng and Li Ying)

1) Recalling incidents where you had to persuade your parents to buy or give you something.
Johanna:
1) Persuading my parents to buy me the Ben-10 Ommitrix watch
2) Persuading my parents to buy me the ultimate and coolest sports shoe.
3) Persuading them to buy me Pokemon figurines, cards, house and the games.

Li Ying:
1) Persuading her parents to give her more pocket money.
2) Persuading parents to buy her an iPod

Yang Teng:
1) None

2) The kind of tactics or strategies you used for the persuasion
Johanna:
Tactic for 1) Crying, throwing tantrums. (Emotional Appeal)
Tactic for 2) Elaborating on how good the sports shoe are and how they would benefit me. I also tried telling them that I would wear it all the time and it would be a good investment. I would also do better in my studies and NAPFA. (Deal)
Tactic for 3) Asking them for it, telling them how awesome Pokemon is and how it would help me in life. I would also have recreation time too, since I have no siblings, I could play it on my own and it would burn some time. (Benefits, how it would help me etc)

Li Ying:
Tactic for 1 and 2, throwing tantrums (Emotional appeal), and constantly saying "Please!"(Threat) She will not stop until she gets what she wants.

Yang Teng:
1) None

3) How long did it take for your parents to give in?
Johanna:
Time for 1) 15 minutes
Time for 2) 1 hour
Time for 3) 2 years

Li Ying:
Time for 1) 1 month
Time for 2) 2 days

Yang Teng:
Time: None

No comments:

Post a Comment