), progress;} Black Moustache 2013 S1-09 English Language Blog: Similes/Metaphors in a song by Kiang Jia Ming Kenneth (17)

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Similes/Metaphors in a song by Kiang Jia Ming Kenneth (17)

My song: 
Train - 50 ways to say goodbye

Metaphors:
My heart is paralyzed - He is comparing his sadness to his heart, to show that his relationship was very numb.
My head was over-sized - He is trying to show that he had too much pride and only did not listen to others.
She'll think I'm Superman - He is trying to show that his new girlfriend would think that he could do(almost) anything by calling him Superman.
Hyperbole:
Fried getting sun tanned - A person can't get fried, he just dies from the intense heat.
She met a shark underwater - You cannot meet a shark underwater as you'd be dead.
You were my everything - Something cannot be your everything in real life, he's trying to state that she was very important to him.
She dried up in the desert - You cannot completely dry up in a desert. He's trying to state that she will dehydrate and die.
Dance to death in an East Side nightclub - You cannot dance until you die. He's trying to state that she will dance a lot.
Personification:
My pride still feels the sting - Your pride is an abstract noun, so it does not exist physically, and it cannot feel a sting.
She was caught in a mudslide - The mudslide can't catch you.
Similes:
I'll take the high road like I should - He is comparing a road to his path in life. He shows that he should choose another path for his life.
Alliteration:
My heart was paralyzed.
My head was over-sized. 


Fried getting sun-tanned.
Fell in a cement mixer full of quicksand. 

She dried up in the desert.
Drowned in the hot tub.
Danced to death at an East Side nightclub.  


No comments:

Post a Comment