"Losing him was blue like I'd never known" (Simile)
- Blue represents sad, and unhappy, just like the feeling after a break up
"Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street" (Simile)
- Comparing between how beautiful the ride was like in a Maserati car but ended quickly going to a dead end, and like how their relationship was beautiful before it ended
"Loving him was like trying to change your mind once you're already flying through the free fall" (Simile)
- Comparing the love with the part of the season when that the leaves wither when the autumn season starts.
"Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met" (Simile)
- Comparison between forgetting him and meeting someone new, whereby it takes time to know and understand the person.
"Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer" (Simile)
- Comparison between fighting with him and solving a crossword puzzle with no answer whereby no one will win when they fight and its hard.
Rihanna - Diamonds
"Shine bright like a diamond" (Simile)
- Diamonds are known to be pure, natural and special. So Rihanna is trying to say that her "love" should have faith and shine like a diamond.
Demi Lovato - Heart Attack
"I think I'd had a heart attack" (Hyperbole)
- She was exaggerating, saying that she can go crazy or have a heart attack from all the fan-girling over a guy
"I can play 'em like a Ken doll" (Simile)
- She was trying to say that when she doesn't care, she "plays" with guys like dolls (i think)