), progress;} Black Moustache 2013 S1-09 English Language Blog: I was walking in a dark alleyway when...

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

I was walking in a dark alleyway when...


Augustine Yap Chang Hiang
07
S1-09

I was walking in a dark alley when I heard a low growl, I feared the worst and ran for my life. Leaping and bounding through the darkness, the thing gave chase, barking and panting loudly confirming my worst fears. “Dog, help me!” I cried out, but the only thing that seemed to hear me were the long, white, empty walls which did not help much.

I ran even faster as I heard the panting becoming louder every second, the endless labyrinth of dark corridors kept misleading me to think there was no end. Suddenly...

“Drat and bother.” I said as Mr Lim gave me some homework, I had actually planned to help my mother paint the kitchen door today. I wondered how I could do both, I only had one solution, I had to get home quickly before she came back. But the only way was to go through the ‘Forbidden Land’ and hope not to face the ‘Great Terror’.

I had heard witnesses describing that it was a huge rottweiler the size of a six-year old with huge canines and red eyes that glinted with pure evil. After school, as I stared into the darkness of the alleyway, I gulped, plucked up my courage and stepped into the ‘forbidden land’.

I was walking as quietly as possible when I heard a low growl, I feared the worst and ran for my life. Leaping and bounding through the darkness, the thing gave chase, barking and panting loudly confirming my worst fears. “Dog, help me!” I cried out, but the only thing that seemed to hear me were the long, white, empty walls which did not help much.

I ran even faster as I heard the panting becoming louder every second, the endless labyrinth of dark corridors kept misleading me to think there was no end. Suddenly, a flash of white and black and I heard a wail as the ‘Great Terror’ ran away. I turned around and saw two cats, one black, one white, both had big persuading eyes and I felt for them so I picked them up and set off home. I put them in a box and gave them some tuna from a can.

When my mother came home I pleaded with her to let me keep them. She thought for a while before finally saying yes. I was over the moon as now I had two heroes living in my house.

Link

No comments:

Post a Comment