), progress;} Black Moustache 2013 S1-09 English Language Blog: English Composition

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

English Composition

Link to my composition:
https://docs.google.com/a/s2013.sst.edu.sg/document/d/18xROEX_sxVrcDTBOw4O5Q1RuMDOmWFcB1JnGpx3q6so/edit

In case it does not work, here is the complete composition:

 I was walking in a dark alley when I heard an unusual sound.  It sounded eerie and it sent chills down my spine. Beads of perspiration trickled down my body as I vividly recalled the events of the day. That day was the best day of my life until now... Images of the scene flashed through my mind...

 The crimson orange colour of the setting sun began to slide down past the horizon gradually. It sent streamers of purple and blue across of the heavens. The fleecy white clouds began to turn orange-pink, the light breeze caressed my face and brushed past my hair. I was appreciating the gorgeous sun getting swallowed up by the looming night as I strolled back from my best friend’s house. Her house was a stone throw’s away from mine.

 Suddenly, there was a sign in front of me that said  “Turn here for a better life”. I was consumed with curiosity and acted impulsively, turning into the dark alley. Soon, I heard an unusual sound and it sounded eerie. Now, reality snapped within me.

 I was back into reality. After a few minutes, I could hear the yowls and howls of what seemed like a ghost. I stood rooted to the ground ,too frightened to move and was trembling like a winter leaf. After what seemed like eternity, I mustered up my courage and crept closer to the sounds. I told myself not to be so chicken-hearted and after all, what could be so frightening? Little did I know that this day would turn out to be the worst day of my entire life.

 I reached out my hands, trembling, but eagar to see what it was. I touched something and when I looked at my hands, it was stained with nothing other than blood. “Ahhh!” I shrieked at the top of my lungs, my heart was in my mouth.  Peering closer, I saw an abandoned baby, spread-eagled on the ground. He was wearing a blue shirt, now stained with blood and khaki cotton shorts. Without much hesitation, I whipped out my Nokia mobile phone and dialled hastily for the police. As I waited patiently, I discovered a birth certificate on the ground! It was swarned with smears of lipstick. I was appalled and had my mouth open in awe. When I investigated further, I noticed that the baby was still alive and breathing. I prayed silently that the paramedics and police would come at any moment. I did not want to see the baby kick the bucket.

 After what seemed eternity, the sirens of the police and ambulance wailed in a distance, it reverberated around the vicinity and soon, crowds formed and made a bee-line for the scene. The deserted scene was now packed like sardines. The police and paramedics pushed and shoved through the crowd to help the poor distressed baby. The paramedics, as fast as a cheetah, placed the baby on a stretcher and sent him to the stone’s throw away hospital.

 The police cordoned the area and searched the area, trying to find as much evidence as possible. I, as a good citizen, handed the birth certificate to the police so as to aid them in their investigation. The police saw me as a first witness and demanded me to tell them the entire situation. They interrogated me further but after a while, they praised me for being a good citizen.
 Without me, they would not even know that there was a baby in distress. I had put the baby to justice and I had just saved an innocent life. I felt really proud of myself that day.
 
 From that day onwards, I promised to promote the acts of kindness to others and hope that one day, they would do the same things as me, which is to care and share for others instead of just thinking about yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment