), progress;} Black Moustache 2013 S1-09 English Language Blog: English Scenarios

Thursday, 24 January 2013

English Scenarios


P.A.C.E:

1. Making a friend in SST...

Purpose: Make a friend in SST. (As it is the first day of school.)

Audience: A fellow student in SST.

Context: I want to be your friend as this is my first day in SST and I do not want to be left out.

Dialogue: "Hi! How are you? What are you doing?" (Informal)

2. Disagreeing with a teacher...

Purpose: Disagreeing with a teacher. (As I think I have elaborated enough.)  

Audience: The teacher you disagree with...

Context: I disagree with the teacher as I do not feel that I have not elaborated enough. 

Dialogue: "Ms. Esha, I disagree with you as I think I have elaborated enough." (Formal)

3. Asking a stranger for directions....

Purpose: To seek directions. (As I do not know where the Clementi MRT Station is.)

Audience: A stranger.

Context: I am trying to find out where the Clementi MRT Station is so that I can go there. 

Dialogue: "Hello? Do you know where the Clementi MRT Station in located at? Could you direct me there?" (Formal)

4. Praising someone's behavior...

Purpose: Praising my son. (As he has behaved well.)

Audience: My son.

Context: I am praising my son because he has behaved well at a restaurant.  

Dialogue: "Good job, son! You did well!" (Informal)

No comments:

Post a Comment