), progress;} Black Moustache 2013 S1-09 English Language Blog: English Discourse Features Reflections

Monday, 14 January 2013

English Discourse Features Reflections


I have learnt that the English Discourse Features can be used in almost every daily conversations in our life. It also helps me when I want to emphasize on something, I can use fronting so that I will change the position of the subject to emphasize on it more. These discourse features have helped me with my conversations with my friends and they too have also improved in English after learning these discourse features. The discourse features also help me in my writing. Now, when I talk to my friends, I use back-channel so that they will know that I'm paying attention to them. When I am doing a presentation, I can use Binomials and  Trinomials like ‘Pros and Cons’ to explain the advantages and the disadvantages. I can use vague language when I’m not really sure of the name of the object. For example, I don’t know what a duster is. So when I ask someone to get it, I call it “thingy” Overall, this lesson has been useful and it has taught me many things which can be used for many things in life. I hope there will be more lessons like this as it widens my knowledge of the english language  

No comments:

Post a Comment